EMCOR Hyre Electric Co. of Indiana, Inc. consistently met this project’s evolving schedule by adapting quickly with skilled project management and personnel.
Leveraging Building Information Modeling (BIM) collaboration, we provided electrical systems that function seamlessly in coordination with other mechanical systems.
Our value engineering services helped to reduce the overall cost of the project while maintaining original design intent and functionality.
The client was building a new 266-bed hospital and needed end-to-end electrical solutions.
EMCOR Hyre Electric provided electrical construction services throughout many areas within this new 430,000-square-foot hospital, including:
- Kitchen and servery
- Central lab
- Sterile processing
- Administration offices
- Training areas
- Emergency department including two triage rooms
- Two computed tomography rooms
- One magnetic resonance imaging room
- Two radiology rooms
- Three nuclear medicine rooms
- Ten operating rooms including same-day surgery and post-anesthesia care areas
- Four catheterization labs
- Two endoscopy labs
- More than 200 patient bedrooms
- Labor and delivery department
Our solutions also included:
- Site lighting
- Central utility plant
- Complete distribution system
- Emergency distribution system
- Two 1000-kW generators
- Fire alarm system
- All low-voltage cabling including new data center
- Building automation system
Porter Hospital is comprised of two campuses and seven outpatient facilities serving Northwest Indiana. The hospital is part of the Northwest Health network.